Sunshine on My Shoulders....

I have been playing catch-up from Thanksgiving! I've been M.I.A. for the last week or so because of all the traveling, eating, visiting, eating, more traveling, and then of course, more eating. Then when I returned to my humble abode...I caught a terrible, no good, very bad cold. ICK! I hate, hate, hate being SICK!

So here we are on the last Wednesday of NOVEMBER (WHAT!?) and I am going to have a posting smorgasbord for the next few days. But first and foremost, I need to thank Dee over at First Grade Impressions for making my week on Sunday by awarding me a Sunshine Award! How lovely to come back to such a generous act of kindness. I'm just so excited that I have readers out there that I can share ideas with.



The Sunshine Award rules are as follows:

1. Thank the person who gave the award and write a post about it (check).
2. Answer the following questions below (check).
3. Pass the award to 10-12 fabulous bloggers, link their blogs and let you know you've awarded them (check, check, check!)

FAVORITE COLOR: Hands down, green. My bridesmaids dresses were green! (Don't panic, it was pretty. Picture attached for proof.)



FAVORITE ANIMAL: Well aside from my animal of a husband, I will have to go with dog. My Layla girl is the sweetest angel on the planet. Love her! (Picture attached for awww factor.)



FAVORITE NUMBER: OK, here's a weird coincidence. I have always liked the number 10. I don't know why, just like it. I played softball for a really long time and my number was always 10. I got married on May 10th (2008)! And I didn't plan it that way at all because of my inclination for the number 10, it was just the day that worked. So there you have it.

FAVORITE DRINK:
I am going to assume that this is a current favorite and divulge my undying affection for the oh-so-good, but oh-not-so-good for you {Starbucks} Peppermint Mocha. Love it and I'm setting my limit to 5 for the entire holiday season. {2 down...3 to go. Not sure if that will suffice my craving.} Good luck to me!


FACEBOOK OR TWITTER: Facebook, but I've recently attempted to Tweet more. {Tweet? Is that right?}

MY PASSION: I think I have a true passion for teaching. Followed by reading, crafting, blog-stalking, and drinking coffee. And cooking. And eating.

GIVING OR GETTING PRESENTS: Giving. Since I'm in holiday mode...I adopt Salvation Army Angels every year for Christmas and I love that feeling. I love the feeling of knowing that somewhere, a child that would otherwise likely have nothing will have LOTS of somethings on Christmas morning. It makes me smile. I only wish I had some sort of magic ball that would allow me to see it unfold, unbeknownst to them.

Now don't get me wrong... I also love being surprised with a gift that I know absolutely nothing about {my husband bought me an iPad for Christmas last year and I had NO CLUE. We've been attached at the fingertip since I opened it.} I know that may sound a little selfish, but I'm just being honest and I think we all deserve something nice for ourselves every now and again!

FAVORITE DAY: Of the week? Saturday. I love waking up and going to the gym and then hitting up the ole' Starbucks and perusing the library or bookstore of my choosing {2nd & Charles, please!}

Of the year? Christmas. I think that's everyone's favorite, but what in the world is there not to love? Family, good food, snuggling, baking, crafting and glitter. Lots of glitter.
    
 

FAVORITE FLOWERS: Oh, easy. Calla Lilies. They're so perfect.  See:



And finally, here is my compiled list of those blogs out there that I have more recently become acquainted with - because let's be honest...ALL of the teaching blogs out there are FABULOUS and deserve the sunshine award!





3rd Grade's a Hoot
Create • Teach • Share
Mrs. Simpson's Kindergarten
Oh Boy 4th Grade!
Step Into 2nd Grade
Pattie's Classroom
First Grade Fundamentals
• First Grade is Fantabulous (is there really another person out there that loves this word like I do!?)
• Castles & Crayons
• Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations

Thanks again Dee for awarding me this kindness!