The End. And the Zoo.

Well, it happened. The last official day of my student teaching has come and gone. It was bittersweet for me. I was so overwhelmed from the support of my teacher and the parents that came to see me off. They put together this gift basket that was bigger than I am filled with books, supplies, note cards and cute little things that teachers can't live without. My teacher also got me a Vera Bradley lanyard that is the cutest thing I've ever seen. THEN, I got a HUGE tote bag filled with more books, plus another gift bag filled with more books and supplies. T.O.O. M.U.C.H. We had field day in the morning and then to round off the day, we had a sundae party! It was really fun and I loved it so much. I am going to miss those stinkers.


Of course, I couldn't leave my sweet teaching hangin', so I had a little surprise of my own up my sleeve. It definitely didn't hold a candle to what they did for me, though! I saw on Pinterest the cutest re-purposed Sonic drink carrier filled with goodies, so I did my own rendition. My teacher and I both are HUGE Starbucks fans (who isn't?!) - so I got her a gift card, then she loves these certain pens - so I got a pack of those for her, and who doesn't need an apple sweater?!




And I found an AWESOME store on Etsy that does these adorable little note cards for teachers. I threw in some of these for good measure, too.


Anyway, the final product turned out very nice and I was so glad that she liked it! I know that her and I will continue to keep in touch throughout the years. She was so good to me and I am so blessed to have had such a wonderful student teaching experience.


And now the great news. Well kind of. I had my very first REAL LIVE job interview on Wednesday. I thought it went very well. The principal that I interviewed with was hands down one of the nicest and easy to talk to principals that I have ever, ever met. I was SO NERVOUS. Shaking to the point to where I couldn't even smile. My cheeks were shaking every time I tried to smile. MY CHEEKS!! How embarrassing.  But once he came out and introduced himself, it wasn't bad! I felt at ease and I was actually able to be MYSELF and not some fake  "I'll-do-or-say-whatever-it-takes-for-you-to-like-me" person. I was really me! It was fantastic. I would LOVE to work for this school. L.O.V.E. I still haven't heard from them and I'm trying not to think about it too much - otherwise I get really depressed about it and start doubting myself.

But the other good news is that I interviewed with the Birmingham Zoo for a Summer Camp teaching position and I got the job! Woo! My camp won't begin until July, but in the meantime, I've been offered a position to teach people about the Kiwanis Giraffe Encounter! I LOVE GIRAFFES!! And I think it's a perfect summer job. I mean, who wouldn't want to play with giraffes all day!? I really took the position because I wanted to get in there before camp starts to learn all about it, familiarize myself with the staff and become part of the team. I didn't want to just walk on in the middle of July and say "OK! I'm here!". In any case, I'm very excited. I am planning to learn as much about giraffes as I can between now and next weekend. I will be a giraffe expert before you know it.

First fact: There are 9 subspecies of giraffes. More on that later.

I'll leave you with this.




Labels: , ,