Is It Back to School Time Yet?

I'm driving myself crazy. I really need to take a break from school stuff, but I LOVE it and I LOVE being organized and I LOVE being prepared! Last year, I had no idea what I was doing since I had never taught primary, but now that I have a year of littles under my belt, I know what I need to work on and I know what I don't need to work on.

One thing I am getting better at doing this year {already} is providing parents with plenty of support outlets. Last year during Open House (when the parents come to learn all about what to expect), I was a mess. I didn't have a plan for homework (not until, like, October--ack!), I wasn't in love with my behavior plan, and I had nothing to give to parents to help them help their child at home. Yikes. As a parent, I would hate to send my child into a classroom like that!

This year, my homework plan is already in tact, I love my behavior plan, and I have LOADS of stuff to give to parents during Open House.

I made a flipbook last year for Open House and it was really cute and fun, but I feel like it had a lot of "fluff" in it:

 I'm really excited about what's in it this year. Below are some pictures of the pages. I haven't printed it out yet, but when I do, I'll post pics of the completed file. It'll look like the one above. You are welcome to use the text and ideas if you want!








I am using Deanna Jump's Sight Words That Stick for my sight word plans this year. {That's what you see on the homework page above.} It's comprehensive, I can change the words if I need to, and I can easily keep track of my student's progress. I love it and I cannot wait to use it this year. I'm so excited to already have a plan for this stuff!!

I also made a Reading Tips page and a Decoding Strategies page {using Cara Carroll's fabulous freebie} to give to parents during Open House.



And of course, I have a little "Meet the Teacher" packet that has all kinds of goodies in it - get to know you pages, demographic info sheets, transportation home, all that good stuff. I'd say I'm ready to go!

 




Back to School - Let's Do This! I'm ready! Now I might be able to enjoy the rest of my summer!




Labels: ,